I wish to add a feature to my installer which detects if a certain
application is running, and then presents the user with a message asking
them to quit all instances of the application or abort installation.  I'm
new to wix development, but I've searched on this subject and although
I've seen a few messages asking about this type of functionality, I
haven't seen any finished solutions on how to do this so I have a few
questions:

-Some of the postings I've read have said that in v2 a custom action was
needed, but in v3 there is something like this built in.  If so, what is
it?  I haven't been able to find it.  Is there something like this built
into v3?  (That's the version I'm using)

-If there isn't anything which checks for running applications already
built into wix v3.0, I can write my own custom action, but before I do,
has anyone already written a 'check for running application' custom
application?  If there is I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

-I'm new to wix but I have read the docs (or at least some of them).  It
seems like what I'm trying to do would fall into the "standard custom
action" category, yet I don't see anything listed on the standard custom
actions page
(http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/standard_customactions.htm).

If anyone can suggest some tips on where to look, I'd appreciate it.  If I
can't find anything I'll write my own custom action, but if something like
this already exists I'd prefer to use something that already works.

Thanks,

Jeff