As part of my first foray into the world of patching, I have been tasked with
creating hotfix patches for our product.  As part of the daily build, the
version numbers for all files in the product are incremented, but I only want
to patch the specific files that were fixed as part of the hotfix.

After reading through the tutorial, various blogs, and the mailing list
archives, I got the implication that adding a ComponentRef as a child of my
PatchFamily would do what I want, so I went ahead and created a patch for
Component A.  After installing the patch, not only was the file in Component A
updated to the new version, so were all other files that had changed between
the builds.

Is there some way to create a patch that only includes a single file, despite
the two .wixpdb files used to create it having many other differences, or would
I need to generate the patch using a .wixpdb file that only contained the
change for the file I wish to patch?

-Andy