Pally, these are all good pointers.The LOGDIRECTORY is actually a UNC path.
The installer needs to go an create some folders there, so I'm not sure
where the correct location for it would be.

What would probably solve my problem is being able to have a separate
directory tree, defined in a separate fragment from the base directory tree.
I'll go read that tutorial and see if that gets me further.

Thanks!