We noticed that there must be a bug in LIGHT (WiX 3.0):

We used

HEAT file my.ocx -out my.wxs

to create a <Fragment> from an OCX file, compiled it using CANDLE, then
tried to link it using LIGHT. LIGHT says that there is a duplicate in
that fragment, so we checked the fragment. In fact, there is no
duplicate:

<Class Id="{EF600D71-358F-11D1-8FD4-00AA00BD091C}"
Context="InprocServer32" Description="Annotation Objects"
ThreadingModel="both">

       <ProgId Id="AnnotationX.AnnList" Description="Annotation Objects"
/>

       <ProgId Id="AnnotationX.AnnList.1" Description="Annotation
Objects" />

</Class>

In fact, we can link it, if we remove one of that ProgId entries
(actually it plays no role which one). It seems as if LIGHT makes no
difference between "AnnotationX.AnnList" and "AnnotationX.AnnList.1",
which is wrong, since obviously that are different entries.

What to do?

Thanks

Markus