I don't want to rely on my end users to tell me certain installation
settings. So i decided to make a xml file that that is located in the same
dir as the msi, i then read and parse with custom action, and write those
settings to my users computer.

I just ran into an issue, i was using advertised shortcut, and when a brand
new user tries to run the application ( the app has been installed, but this
user has not run it) it runs the cached msi file. Which of course does not
have the xml file with it. So my settings are all screwed up.

I figure i can remove the advertise, and that should work. But is there
another way.
Am i doing this the correct way overall?