btw, I could also do a normal component with a File Id, smth like:

<Component Id="aaa.ini" Guid="GUID">
<File Id="aaa.ini" Name="aaa.ini" Source="template.ini" KeyPath="yes" />
</Component>

<Component Id="bbb.ini" Guid="GUID">
<File Id="bbb.ini" Name="bbb.ini" Source="template.ini" KeyPath="yes" />
</Component>

that means that template.ini would be on the target machine as aaa.ini
and as bbb.ini which is fine.

But how can I condition the bbb.ini component to be removed only on a
real uninstall - not upgrades, repairs, modifies? Is this doable?

Thx,
Viv