I am attempting to determine if a specific version of a product is already
installed on the system.  I basically want to do this to disallow/bail out
of an install if the MSI that is being executed is already installed on the
system.

Here is my authoring using 3.0 RTM. I must be missing something simple:

Upgrade table.  FWIW, Product and Upgrade GUID is not changing for each
build; only GUID that is changing is the Package GUID.  Language attribute
matches as well.

<Upgrade Id='$(var.UpgradeCode)'>

      <UpgradeVersion Minimum='$(var.ProdVer)'
                      IncludeMinimum='yes'
                      Maximum='$(var.ProdVer)'
                      IncludeMaximum='yes'
                      OnlyDetect='yes'
                      Language='1033'
                      Property='SELFFOUND'/>
    </Upgrade>

Check to see if product previously installed *and* is this specific version.

<Condition Message="We be here!">Installed AND SELFFOUND</Condition>

Thanks.