Hi all,

we are currently evaluating visual studio 2010. Everything but wix 3.5 is
working fine.

Wix 3.5 has problems determining the correct way to build dependant projects.

After some research we've found a solution which helps but we are not sure if
this is the right way to fix this issue. What we did is to define the variable
BuildProjectReferences in Wix2010.targets the same way it is defined in
Microsoft.Common.Targets:

  <PropertyGroup>
    <!-- Ensure any OutputPath has a trailing slash, so it can be concatenated
-->
    <OutputPath Condition="'$(OutputPath)' != '' and
!HasTrailingSlash('$(OutputPath)')">$(OutputPath)\</OutputPath>
    <BuildProjectReferences Condition="'$(BuildProjectReferences)' ==
''">true</BuildProjectReferences>
 </PropertyGroup>

The builds are running fine now.

Any other way to solve this issue?

Regards
Stephen Reindl

--
Stephen Reindl
CTO

stephen.rei...@tideum.com
www.tideum.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
Company information: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kaarst - Registergericht Neuss HRB
14784 - Vorstand: Andreas Hackethal, Stephen Reindl
Aufsichtsrat: Andreas Jaeger (Vorsitzender), Dr. Carsten S. Wehn, Georg Wolter
Freiherr von Stackelberg