From: Wilson, Phil [mailto:phil.wil...@invensys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:44 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Windows 7 x64: Windows application x64 is looking for
MSVCR71.dll

Forget the build, the issue is the binary that needs msvcr71.dll. As far as I
know, there is no native x64 version of the Microsoft VS 2003 C++ runtime
support library msvcr71.dll. If someone has built a native x64 binary that
requires a native x64 msvcr71.dll then I have no idea what you can do. Because
this seems to be a situation that a reasonable person would not get into, I'm
suggesting that you verify that it really is a native x64 binary, because
people can get very loose in their descriptions, and it's still extremely
common to run x86 code on 64-bit systems.

Phil Wilson