I've had the same problem until I found out there was still a listing for my
installed program under "Add/Remove Programs". Uninstalling that one fixed it
for me. The setup log showed something like "not removing because existing
program depends on it" or something similar (can't remember exactly).

Regards,

Michel Verhagen