From: Scott Davis <pseudon...@gmail.com>
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tue, May 18, 2010 2:06:44 PM
Subject: [WiX-users] DTF: Missing Session Tables?

I'm writing my first custom action using DTF from WiX 3.0.5419.0, and I'm
having an interesting issue: it appears that all of the MSI tables are not
accessible to my custom action.  I'm using InstallShield 2010, and have set
up the custom action to run as an MSI custom action.

[CustomAction]
public static ActionResult Testing(Session session)
{
  foreach (TableInfo table in session.Database.Tables)
  {
      Debug.WriteLine(table.Name);
  }
  return ActionResult.Success;
}

The following tables are written:
ActionText
AdminExecuteSequence
AdminUISequence
AdvtExecuteSequence
AdvtUISequence
Property
Binary
File
CheckBox
Component
Icon
ComboBox

Am I missing something here?  Any query to a table not listed here throws an
exception, as the table doesn't exist...

Even more confusing - when I debug, session.Database.Tables.Count = 45.

Thanks in advance,
Scott