I have an automatic project build on Windows Server 2008 and could not
validate msi-package. light.exe/smoke.exe returns an exception "Could not
access to Windows Installed Service". I found some messages how this can be
solved, but it does not take any affect. I tried to change registry value
(HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servises\MSIServer ImagePath), tried to
modify group policy to allow any user to start installation. But no affect.
Light/Smoke works normal if it start from command line, connected throw
Remote Desktop. But if connect via telnet - exception.
A lot of links at this forum describing this problem does not contains any
information how to solve this problem.