Hi wix users,

I admit, I am not creating wix packages the whole day long, and so I
look into wix from time to time when I need to create an installer for a
software. So far I managed to click together simple installers which
copy some files. Now I want to go one step further: what is missing in
the standard dialogs is a dialog which

- asks the user whether he wants shortcuts on the desktop, the start
menu, or both
- asks the user whether he wants to start the application right after
the installation has finished

Seems pretty easy, and is included in many installers I've seen.
Unfortunately, even after sinking considerable time into digging
documentations (found almost none, and the ones I found rised almost as
many questions as they answered, or were wrong or incomplete or both.

Can anyone provide a sample which shows me how to do this? I have
already learned that custom dialogs are quite a weak spot in the wix
toolkit, so I don't care much wehere in the sequence the custom dialog
is inserted (before or after the installation part), thogh putting it at
the end would be the best way to do it, bit I already failed trying to
replace the exit dialog (sequence number -3) since the wix toolkit seems
to reject negative dialog numbers alltogether - so I guess tehre isn't a
way to do it in the current version.

Thanks,

AL