Here is one example where you can try insert additional targets (bases)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>

  <?include VersionDefinitions.wxi ?>
  <?include PatchCreationDefinitions.wxi ?>

  <!-- patch id needs to be updated -->
  <PatchCreation Id="{codes}"
                 AllowMajorVersionMismatches="no"
                 AllowProductCodeMismatches="no"
                 CleanWorkingFolder="yes"
                 WholeFilesOnly="no"
                 Codepage="1252" >

  <PatchInformation Description="Product $(var.MAJORMINORVERSION) Update"
                 Keywords="Installer Update Hotfix Patch"
                 Comments="Patches Product $(var.MAJORMINORVERSION)"
                 Manufacturer="My Co"
                 Languages="1033"
                 Compressed="yes"
                 SummaryCodepage="1252"
                 AdminImage="yes"/>

  <PatchMetadata Description="Product $(var.MAJORMINORVERSION) (Update
$(var.THISBUILD))"
                 DisplayName="Product $(var.MAJORMINORVERSION) (Update
$(var.THISBUILD))"
                 TargetProductName="Product $(var.MAJORMINORVERSION)"
                 ManufacturerName="My Co"
                 MoreInfoURL="http://www.myco.com";
                 Classification="$(var.CLASSIFICATION)"
                 AllowRemoval="yes"
                 OptimizedInstallMode="yes" />

    <Family Name="$(var.FAMILYID)" DiskId="2"
MediaSrcProp="PATCH$(var.THISBUILD)" SequenceStart="$(var.SEQSTART)"  >
      <UpgradeImage  Id="Patch$(var.CURQFEID)"
SourceFile="$(var.CURQFEPATH)\myupgrade.msi" >
        <TargetImage Id="PatchRTM" Order="1" IgnoreMissingFiles="no"
SourceFile="$(var.RTMPATH)\mytarget.msi" />
      <!-- add new targets here -->
      </UpgradeImage>
  </Family >

  <TargetProductCode Id="$(var.PRODUCTCODE)" />

    <PatchSequence PatchFamily="$(var.FAMILYNAME)"
                   Sequence="$(var.SEQUENCE)" />

  </PatchCreation>
</Wix>