From: pmarkey [mailto:paul_mar...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 07 June, 2010 19:14
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Use a custom localization file to overwrite default
forerror code

In our project using "light" we reference two localization files:
CUSTOM_WixUI_en-us.wxl and WixUI_en-us.wxl

In most cases we create a custom localization and place them in the
CUSTOM_WixUI_en-us.xml and then reference them when necessary.

In this instance I want to modify the text of an error code that is not
explicitly referenced.  Therefore I can't create a custom error code and
reference it directly.  So I would like to create a reference in our
custom
localization file that will overwrite what is in the default
WixUI_en-us.xml
file. So that when the error is called by the system it will output the
custom text.

In this case I want to override the following error code in the default
WixUI_en-us.wxl file:
<String Id="Error1730">You must be an Administrator to remove this
application. To remove this application, you can log on as an
Administrator,
or contact your technical support group for assistance.</String>

Is there a way to ensure the system will use the custom version of
Error1730
instead of the default version found in the WixUI_en-us.wxl file without
modifying the default version directly?

Thanks in advance.