hello together,

Does anyone know anything about this error?

...\Setup.wxs(6) : error CNDL0242 : Invalid product version
'1.2222.3333.4444'. Product version must have a major version less than 256,
a minor version less than 256, and a build version less than 65536.

I have to build a msi package with WIX for our software products, that has
in each position per definition up to four numbers. So is there any
workaround to ship around of this limitation? I use WIX v3, is it may be a
limitation of WIX v3 or of the windows installer sdk? If it's only
limitation from WIX v3, probably this limitation will be removed in WIX
v3.5?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thomas Mathis