I have an XML config file which is shared by three products. Each installer
currently uses util:XmlFile actions to put appropriate information in the
config file. When only one product is installed, this works fine, but when
two or more are installed, the last one installed clobbers the config of any
others. What I would like is for any of them to install the base file if it
doesn't exist and then to apply the xml transformations so that the end
result is a merge of all the transformations involved. These transformations
are idempotent and discrete. Is this a reasonable approach or is there a
better solution? The other idea I had was to have the file be in a separate
installer and then have the other installers depend on it and only run the
transformations. Can anyone please offer advice?

Andrew