Hi,

I wrote a custom action to validate user inputs:
[CustomAction]
public static ActionResult ValidateInputs(Session session)
{
    //...
If(invalid)
{ session["invalid_input"]="1";}
Return ActionResult.Success.
}
The in the Wix file I check for "invalid_input" property.

Although this works fine, I would like to know:

1)      Should I use ActionResult.Failure if the input is invalid? The
ActionResult enum gives me the feeling that I should do this. But the problem
is if it returns Failure, the installer will abort immediately. I didn't find a
way to customize the behavior according to ActionResult.Failure.

2)      I saw a post
http://www.lostechies.com/blogs/gabrielschenker/archive/2010/05/19/wix-and-custom-actions.aspx
 say the new property need to be all up-case, to make it as global variables.
What is global variable? I only saw private/public/restricted public
properties, and I feel I should use private property here, so user cannot set
it via command. (I don't know how to add a restricted public property by
session object.) Am I doing right?

Thanks,
-Elfe