Hi

I am upgrading my product from a Visual Studio setup project (version
1.9.8) to WiX (version 2.7.5). I want the new WiX version to be able to
upgrade the old one. I also have 2 builds - 32 and 64 bits.

For 32 bits there are no problems. I install version 1.9.8 first, then
upgrade to 2.7.5 and the upgrade works fine. The old files are removed
correctly.

For 64 bits the old version is not removed. Both sets of files are
installed, and I see both versions in the Control Panel -> Programs and
Features.

I triple-checked the upgrade code, and the code for WiX matches the one
from Visual Studio. Is the upgrade code the only thing that needs to
match so that the new version replaces the old one?

And another question - where is the upgrade code stored? I can't find
that GUID anywhere in the registry. I want to know how the upgrade code
works so I can troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks
Ivo