From: Rendijs Smukulis [mailto:luuse...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:55 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] wix generated installer dialogs and Narrator

Hello, wix-users!

Been googling this for ages, to no avail.
The basic problem is this: I have an installer form with a couple of
editable text fields (type="Edit"). I need to add a caption to them which
would be readable by Narrator, UI Spy and such.

Adding a "ToolTip" or "Help" elements did not work. For some odd reason,
when I have an element "<Control Id="BannerBitmap" Type="Bitmap" X="0" Y="0"
Width="370" Height="44" TabSkip="no" Text="WixUI_Bmp_Banner"/>" in the form,
the names of the editable text fields become "WixUI_Bmp_Banner", and are
read out by Narrator as such.

The version of wix is 3.0.5419 I believe.

Any ideas how to get this working?

Thanks in advance,
 Rendijs S.

(sorry if the mail is sub-standard, my first mail to the list)