Hi,

I modified the WixUI_Advanced sample to prevent downgrading by adding
these lines:

   <Upgrade Id="UPGRADE_CODE_UID">
     <UpgradeVersion OnlyDetect="yes" Minimum="$(var.PRODUCTVERSION)"
Property="NEWERVERSIONDETECTED" IncludeMinimum="no" />
     <UpgradeVersion OnlyDetect="no" Maximum="$(var.PRODUCTVERSION)"
Property="OLDERVERSIONBEINGUPGRADED" IncludeMaximum="no" />
   </Upgrade>
   <Condition Message="A later version of [ProductName] is already
installed. Setup will now exit.">
     NOT NEWERVERSIONDETECTED OR Installed
   </Condition>

   Of course, UPGRADE_CODE_UID is the same UID than the product's
UpgradeCode property.

   This works well as long as I install to the per-machine folder.
   Installing to the per-user folder generates a second entry in add /
remove programs instead of upgrading the product.

Any hints?