Is there a bootstrapper that I can use that will detect if the OS is 32-bit or
64-bit and then install the correct .NET Framework?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pally Sandher [mailto:pally.sand...@iesve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:00 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Re-evaluate NETFRAMEWORK20 Property

I doubt it's possible without modifying the WiXNetFxExtension code.

Use a bootstrapper to sequence your pre-requisites. Concurrent
installations are *very* dangerous & highly unsupported by Windows
Installer. Also consider how your scenario would support basic or no UI
levels (/qb or /qn).

dotnetinstaller exists for this very function. See
http://dotnetinstaller.codeplex.com/ (other bootstrappers are available
e.g. Visual Studio 2005 bootstrapper).

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer