From: BSR PHANI [mailto:bsrphani...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 1:04 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.;
wix-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Patches are getting installed automatically on
Microsoft Vista OS

Hi

We have a technical isuue on Fix Pack 2.x installation.

Scenario:

   1. RTM + SP2 patch + FP 2.x patch Installed on windows vista using admin
   user
   2. Create another user and add him to admin group.
   3. Login with newly created user, SP2 installation runs automatically

When we enable UAC on windows Vista, this doesn't happen. But my Manager
doesn't want to enable UAC because of security issues on windows vista.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue? i want to know, why patch
installation is getting installed automatically?

Thanks,

Phani