From: "rahul.ekb...@sungard.com" <rahul.ekb...@sungard.com>
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tue, July 27, 2010 5:54:15 AM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Windows service installation error

Hi,
Thanks for reply. I really like your techniques :)
I solved this problem by following way.

I figured out the differences in registry after installing service manually. I
found following entries

<RegistryValue Root="HKLM" Key="SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CnvRemoteService"
Name="DisplayName" Value="CnvRemoteService" Type="string" Action="write" />
<RegistryValue Root="HKLM" Key="SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CnvRemoteService"
Name="ObjectName" Value="LocalSystem" Type="string" Action="write" />

I added these entries in my wix file followed by

<ServiceInstall  Name="CnvRemoteService" DisplayName="CnvRemoteService"
Account="LocalSystem" Type ="ownProcess" Start ="auto" Id ="RemoteServiceID"
ErrorControl="normal"  >
                <util:PermissionEx
    User="Everyone"
    GenericAll="yes"
    ServiceChangeConfig="yes"
    ServiceEnumerateDependents="yes"
    ChangePermission="yes"
    ServiceInterrogate="yes"
    ServicePauseContinue="yes"
    ServiceQueryConfig="yes"
    ServiceQueryStatus="yes"
    ServiceStart="yes"
    ServiceStop="yes"  />

                <ServiceDependency Id="RPCSS" />

              </ServiceInstall>
              <ServiceControl  Name="CnvRemoteService" Start="install" Stop
="uninstall" Remove="uninstall"  Id ="CnvRemoteServiceControl"  />

And my services get installed, start, stop and removed on uninstall.

Can you please let me know is it a right way? Or it will create any problem
with
any other environment like windows 7, 2003 server etc.

Thanks,
Rahul