Hi ,

In my installer I am installing  windows service. If the service fails
to install or start my installer roll back all the installation. Can
anyone let me know how to proceed or complete installation though the
service fails.

This is my wix code

<ServiceInstall  Name="CnvRemoteService" DisplayName="CnvRemoteService"
Account="LocalSystem" Type ="ownProcess" Start ="auto" Id
="RemoteServiceID" ErrorControl="ignore"   >

                <util:PermissionEx

    User="Everyone"

    GenericAll="yes"

    ServiceChangeConfig="yes"

    ServiceEnumerateDependents="yes"

    ChangePermission="yes"

    ServiceInterrogate="yes"

    ServicePauseContinue="yes"

    ServiceQueryConfig="yes"

    ServiceQueryStatus="yes"

    ServiceStart="yes"

    ServiceStop="yes"

     />

                <ServiceDependency Id="RPCSS" />

              </ServiceInstall>

              <ServiceControl  Name="CnvRemoteService" Start="install"
Stop ="uninstall" Remove="uninstall"  Id ="CnvRemoteServiceControl"
Wait ="no"   />

Thanks,

Rahul Ekbote

Senior Software Engineer * SunGard * ALM * Bancware *

SunGard Technology Services (India), Meridian Plaza,

S B Road, Shivajinagar, Pune 411016.

Direct Tel +91-20-25606237 * Main Tel +91-20-30238000 * Fax
+91-20-25606222 * rahul.ekb...@sungard.com
<mailto:rahul.ekb...@sos.sungard.com> * www.sungard.com
<http://www.sungard.com/bancware> /bancware

P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error,