I used eventlogs to have a concrete example, but assume that you
configure "something" that changes the machine state.
How would the installer undo that change since it was done in the config
util in the first place, when uninstalling?
An example? well on top of my head, let's say i wan't to make a url
reservation for the webservice i'm going to host within my app...
Through the config util, i ask the user to enter the domain and port the
webservice is going to use, and then, after validation etc., i
register the url namespace. When uninstalling if i don't remove the url
reservation, it will stay there, leaving the machine in a "bad state"

Blair wrote:
> Things like event log sources are not usually set via configuration
> utilities (you either have the event log setup or you don't). Instead, you
> would usually configure your application's code for what/how much it logs,
> and the source is always present while installed and not present when not
> installed.
>
> Wix ships with support for things like event log sources, there is no need
> to add that to your configuration tool.

Stelios Kyprou
Systems Engineer
Formicary - delivering quality financial technology solutions(TM)
www.formicary.net