Hi,

I have a service that is started upon installation using the following WiX
snippet.

              <Component Id="server.service.start"
Guid="{4EE6AC21-46F1-4249-B20F-CDBC3C791430}">
                <Condition>1</Condition>
                <CreateFolder Directory="server"/>
                <ServiceControl Id="MyService"
                  Name="MyService"
                  Start="install"
                  Stop="both"
                  Remove="uninstall"
                  Wait="yes"/>
              </Component>

When re-running the installer and entering the stock WiX maintenance dialog
the Change-Repair-Remove options are presented.

Selecting Change goes through the configuration dialog, a custom action
updates a configuration file and now I want the service to be restarted to
pick up the configuration changes.

This does not happen and I wonder why.

The only explanation I've found is
http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/Restart-Service-on-Change-Repair-tt3468316.html#a3468707.
Here it basically says that to have the service restarted requires the
component to be modified.

Is there a kind soul which can shed some light on this for me? Or help me on
how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Steffen Enni