Thanks Travis for your reply.

Yes, we tried CloseApplication, but it doesn't help.

________________________________
From: Travis Gaff <tra...@pc-doctor.com>
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wed, August 4, 2010 2:08:07 PM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] FileInUse doesn't work in XP?

I think we found similar issues.  The RMFilesInUse behavior is different
in XP vs. Windows 7 and possibly in Vista as well.  We ended up adding
several custom actions to try to stop our executables both with and
without elevation.

You can try the WiX util:CloseApplication to get started, but we found
that it wasn't sufficiently aggressive in stopping our application.

Travis