That's what the binaries.zip is for: to add WiX to a version-control to
avoid installing it to a build system. You have to do the configuration
yourself, but

-----Original Message-----
From: little.forest [mailto:little.for...@ymail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 4:44 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] .NET 4 and Wix 3.5

We're migrating our app to use .NET 4.0.

We'll need to detect and install .NET 4.0. We're using Wix 3.0. From this
post(http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/NetFxExte
nsion-and-NET-4-td4969906.html#a4969906
 ), it seems we need to move to Wix 3.5.

But I tried to install Wix 3.5 - it replaced the version 3.0. This is a
problem:
in our build server, we installed Wix 3.0 already. If 3.5 replaces 3.0, our
old
builds cannot be built because they can't find the 3.0 compiler(the path
thing).

Is there a way that 3.0 and 3.5 co-exist in one machine? If yes, how to do
it?
If not, is it possible to install 3.5 in one machine, and then copy the
candle/light stuff over to some other machine and use it? In another word,
Wix
3.5 must be installed to run(needs some registry or system stuff be there)?
Or
it can run like a portable application?

Thanks!