What does a verbose log say?

-----Original Message-----
From: NirK [mailto:n...@od.co.il]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:46 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Trouble when uninstalling a WiX msi under 64-bit
machines

Hello all,

I'm building a very simple WiX installer MSI, that simply copies and
registers a COM library (The COM dll is a 32bit file).
To create all the registry entries for the COM library, I used "heat.exe"
(as Microsoft does not recommends using the self-reg option of the dll).
Everything works fine when running my msi on a 32bit machine.

When running it on a 64bit machine (I'm trying this on a 64-bit Windows 7
machine), the Installation phase works fine - everything is written to the
correct place (file & registry entries),
BUT when trying to uninstall - nothing is removed, the file and the registry
entries are left as is.

I have also removed all the code for the classes and typelib, so the
installer will only copy the file, but still when uninstalling the file
remains.

Here is the wxs file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>
  <Product Id="some-guid" Name="the name" Language="1033" Version="1.0.0.0"
           Manufacturer="myself" UpgradeCode="some-guid">
    <Package InstallerVersion="200" Compressed="yes" />
    <Media Id="1" Cabinet="media1.cab" EmbedCab="yes" />
    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
        <Directory Id="INSTALLLOCATION" Name="MyDir">
            <Component Id="component1" Guid="{some-guid}" Win64="no">
                <File Id="com_lib.dll" KeyPath="yes" Source="com_lib.dll" />
            </Component>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
    </Directory>
    <Feature Id="Complete" Level="1">
      <ComponentRef Id="component1" />
    </Feature>
  </Product>
</Wix>

Any ideas?
Maybe the reference to "ProgramFilesFolder" is the problem?

Thanks,

Nir.