Hello, this is my first post so apologies if this question has been
answered before. (If so, please point me to the answer.)

What's the best way to copy files on the distribution media (install CD)
that are stored separately from the MSI file? That is, they're not
embedded within the MSI payload but stored separately in another folder
on the install disc. It seems like the MoveFiles element should do the
trick but from the WiX documentation I don't see how to specify files on
the source media. (Or even how to use the element at all.) If MoveFiles
isn't the answer, then my next supposition would be to use a custom
action that calls the Win32 CopyFile function within a DLL. I could
resort to a program or a batch file called from the ShellExecute action
or even have a batch file that installs the MSI and then copies the
files, but I'd definitely like to avoid batch files. Perhaps there's yet
another, better way. An example would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil