Hello all,

We are trying to connect up XmlFile functions to our installer and had
some interesting problems. Adding a reference to the DLL to the
project and including a namespace in the wxs file - using something
like

xmlns:util="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/UtilExtension";

we expected to be able to reference XmlFile using util:XmlFile but
this is failing at compile time. We are using Visual Studio 2010 and
WIX 3.5. Interestingly enough we have a slightly older Visual Studio
2008 project with WIX 3.0 installed on another developer's computer
and the same code works. IntelliSense knows about the "util" namespace
and a sample reference to util:XmlFile compiles fine.

Anyone run into this and solved it? WIX docs suggests this should work
in 3.5 just like it did in 3.0 so it's odd.

Thanks,

-Dave