Hi,

I'm currently in the middle (or nearing the end, I hope) of porting an
installer from the evil that shall not be named to WiX.

Mostly, it's been pretty easy. However, one thing which is sticking out
is the version number. The products being ported use the current year as
the major version number and this means strings like "2011.foo.bar".

Obviously, if I try to use such a version, I am greeted with CNDL0242. I
did find a workaround at the following page:

http://www.mail-archive.com/wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg38954.html

But that seems like it is guaranteed to cause me problems. Is there a
simpler way to exceed the limits without using VB script? Should I write
to the registry manually?

Thanks.

--
Sohail Somani