From: Sohail Somani [mailto:soh...@taggedtype.net]
Sent: 31 August 2010 22:46
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] heat.exe does not export COM information for a
.NET component dll

On 10-08-31 3:25 PM, Lian Jiang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using WIX 3.0 to export the COM registry setting from a managed
component dll but I only get a file without the COM information. I can
use regasm to registery this dll.

> I use the same heat.exe to export another .net component dll
successfully. The only difference of these two dlls are the first one
(where heat fails) depends on an interop assembly exported from a tlb
file, while the latter (where heat succeeds) does not.

> Can anybody tell why heat cannot export COM information for the first
one?

I had this problem when heat could not load the DLL due to missing
dependencies. If your component depends on something in another
directory, you should add it to the path.

Not sure if that is the correct solution, but it was the one I found
anyway.

--
Sohail Somani