On 10-09-08 12:06 AM, Sohail Somani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My installer launches the app upon installer completion (well, the last
> wizard page.) By this point, a required environment variable (PATH) does not
> seem to have been set as the new process gets the old version.
>
> This makes sense as the msiexec process will have started with the old
> environment. Is there a way to ensure that the custom action is launched
> with the new environment?

Ping.

I've been able to work around the problem by explicitly setting the PATH
in a wrapper batch file but that is kludgy to me and has an ugly command
window. I know setting the PATH is a kludge itself but that's not
something I can change at the moment.

How would you get MSIs to launch the application via a CustomAction with
the post-install environment?

--
Sohail Somani