We have a mix of native and .NET components, and use COM for interop.

Until now, I have used heat.exe to generate wix fragments for
installing .NET assemblies and registering them as COM servers (like
regasm.exe would do). However, somebody just told me that you can also
use the ComPlusExtension to do COM registration. The documentation I
can find regarding this "ComPlus" stuff is quite cryptic. Is this
ComPlusExtension a valid alternative to the heat.exe approach for
registering .NET assemblies as COM components? Are there any
differences or gotchas I should be aware of?

(cross-posted to stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3875005/wix-com-registration-with-heat-or-complusextension/3876201
)

regards,