We have a feature which is an Outlook plugin. Two questions -

1. We allow the end user to install the feature only if the user has Outlook
2007 or Outlook 2010. So I added some code to detect if Outlook is installed in
target machine. Then when I installed it in a machine who doesn't have Outlook,
I saw there is a 'X' mark on the feature itself. The feature is disabled. This
is good. But the user can still change it to be "Will be installed on local
hard
drive.". Is there a way to disable the feature selection? Such as, grey out the
feature selection on GUI in this case?

Here is my code:

        <Feature Id='Feature_OutlookPlugin'
AllowAdvertise='no'
                 Description='!(loc.CustomMsgDesc)'
                 Title='!(loc.CustomMsgTitle)'
Level='2'

<Condition Level='1'>
                FOUND_OUTLOOK2007 OR FOUND_OUTLOOK2010
</Condition>
<blah.. blah...>
2. We need to register a dll if the end user chooses to install the feature. If
the user doesn't install the feature, then we shouldn't try to register the
dll.
I found a solution which seems working. But I'm not sure if it's the proper way
to do it. Here is the code:
          <Custom Action="DoDllRegistration" Before="InstallFinalize" >(Not
Installed) AND (&amp;Feature_OutlookPlugin = 3)</Custom>

Is this correct?

Thanks everyone.