From: Chris Lord [mailto:chris.l...@atterotech.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:47 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Convert AllUsers Install to PerUser

  John,

I don't believe you can do it as an "upgrade" i.e. all in one go.  An installer
is either per-user or per-machine.  You can't upgrade a per-machine install to
per-user install or vice-versa.

I think your only option is to un-install your previous version and then
install the new one as two separate actions.  In order to do that, you'll need
a bootstrapper.

Chris