Dear group,

I have an existing wix script that runs fine, and I had to modify it so it
supports Features which can
be installed or not using the INSTALLLEVEL property. The installation runs
fine, but when I try to uninstall
from the Configuration Panel -> Software (on WindowsXP), I receive an error
and the uninstall is
rolled back. The error I get has id 1402 and the message is "MSI could not
open key Remote Desktop Pending Help Section".
On the net I found solutions involving setting permissions on that registry
key, or taking ownership, but that doesn't seem
to help. The weird thing is that these keys have nothing to do with my
application.

I then tried to uninstall using command line including INSTALLLEVEL=1000,
and the uninstall finished successfully.
It seems I have to specify that property, otherwise the MSI won't uninstall.
I guess I'm missing something in my script, this is the feature snippet:

    <Feature Id="MainFeature" Title="*********" Level="1">
      <Feature Id="MinimalFeature" Title="MinimalFeature"
Description="Installs MinimalFeature" Level="1">
          <ComponentRef...../>
      </Feature>
      <Feature Id="Feat_A" Title="Feat_A" Description="Installs Feat_A"
Level="100">
          <ComponentRef...../>
      </Feature>
      <Feature Id="Feat_B" Title="Feat_B" Description="Installs Feat_B"
Level="200">
          <ComponentRef...../>
      </Feature>

Does anyone have experience with this ?