From: Vasu Chakkera [mailto:vas...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:25 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Running Third Party Installer as a part of installation

well we did this fine in WIX 2.0
so it shud be able to be done in WIX3.0 too
Vasu

On 4 November 2010 16:00, Chris Lord <chris.l...@atterotech.com> wrote:

> Vasu,
>
> If the additional application has its own installer then you have no
> option except to use a bootstrapper as you can't start one installer
> from within another (called chaining).
>
> Can't help with the second part I am afraid.
>
> Chris
>
> On 11/04/2010 11:46 AM, Vasu Chakkera wrote:
> > Dear All,
> > I am new to WIX and trying certain things.. I have successfully finished
> > writing an installer that does most of the things..
> > I now have a situation where as a part of installation , i need to check
> the
> > presence of MathPlayer.exe  in the system, and if it doesnt exist, then i
> > need to install the Mathplayer.exe
> >
> > i also have another  H2Reg.exe  that i need to run anyway everytime with
> - u
> > command while installing
> > and the same exe should be run with -r command while un installing.. It
> all
> > worked fine with wix 2.0 ..
> >
> > I am using wix3.0 now.
> >
> > I tried this
> >

> >           <CustomAction Id="MATHPLAYEREXECUSTOM" Return="check"
> > Execute="deferred" FileKey="file_MathPlayerSetupexe"
> > ExeCommand="/Install"/>
> >        <CustomAction Id="H2REGCUSTOMINSTALL" Return="check"
> > Execute="deferred"  FileKey="file_H2Regexe" ExeCommand="-r"/>
> >        <CustomAction Id="H2REGCUSTOMUNINSTALL" Return="check"
> > Execute="deferred" FileKey="file_H2Regexe" ExeCommand="-u"/>
> >      <!--<CustomAction Id="LaunchApplication" FileKey="FoobarEXE"
> > ExeCommand="" Execute="immediate" Impersonate="yes"
> > Return="asyncNoWait"></CustomAction>-->
> >          <CustomAction Id="LAUNCHREADMECUSTOM" Property="NOTEPAD"
> > ExeCommand="[INSTALLDIR]\Readme.txt" Execute="deferred"
> > Return="asyncNoWait"></CustomAction>
> >

> >             <InstallExecuteSequence>
> >
> >                    <Custom Action="MATHPLAYEREXECUSTOM"
> > After="InstallFinalize">(not MATHPLAYERFOUND) AND INSTALLMATHPLAYER AND
> > $comp_MathPlayerSetupexe&gt;2</Custom>
> >                    <Custom Action="H2REGCUSTOMINSTALL"
> > After="InstallFinalize">  $comp_H2Regexe&gt;2 AND ( ( SEARCHFORVS7) OR
> > (SEARCHFORVS8) OR (SEARCHFORVS9) )</Custom>
> >                    <Custom Action="H2REGCUSTOMUNINSTALL"
> > After="InstallFinalize">  $comp_H2Regexe=2  AND ( ( SEARCHFORVS7) OR
> > (SEARCHFORVS8) OR (SEARCHFORVS9) )</Custom>
> >

> >      <RemoveExistingProducts After="InstallFinalize"/>
> >              </InstallExecuteSequence>
> >

> > I ran and got the following error
> >
> > C:\Installer.wxs(1462) : error LGHT0204 : ICE77: MATHPLAYEREXECUSTOM is a
> > in-script custom action.  It must be sequenced in between the
> > InstallInitialize action and the InstallFinalize action in the
> > InstallExecuteSequence table
> > C:\Installer.wxs(1463) : error LGHT0204 : ICE77: H2REGCUSTOMINSTALL is a
> > in-script custom action.  It must be sequenced in between the
> > InstallInitialize action and the InstallFinalize action in the
> > InstallExecuteSequence table
> > C:\Installer.wxs(1464) : error LGHT0204 : ICE77: H2REGCUSTOMUNINSTALL is
> [...]

Vasu Chakkera
Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd.
Oxford
www.vasucv.com

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys
Group, owned by Invensys plc, which is a company registered in England and
Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X
7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within
the Invensys Group, please go to
http://www.invensys.com/legal/default.asp?top_nav_id=77&nav_id=80&prev_id=77.

You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail
recept...@invensys.com. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject
to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and
affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).