Do a FileSearch for the specific file, and based on that property condition
your logo component to not install.

-----Original Message-----
From: MeCoco [mailto:vcotirl...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:35 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] If file exists, don't update another file

Hi Dave,

I can't do that. Here is the explanation: we have a product which we
release to different clients. We also have a partner with whom we
bundle, so he wants to offer our product together with his, but the logo
should stay his logo. We can't have his logo and our logo in the
installer, as we don't want the clients digging that up.
So we agreed on the following: first time when he installs the product
he places a dummy file.txt into the installation directory and his own
logo. When we provide an installer which is upgrading our software, in
case the update is for our own clients, the logo should be updated, but
if the upgrade is run by the partner-client the logo shouldn't be
updated, so basically our update should check if the file.txt is there
and if yes should not update the logo.

In other words: if in the installation folder there is a specific file,
eg file.txt, then a specific file, eg mylogo.jpg should _not_ be updated.

And I'm not sure how one can do that when:
<RemoveExistingProducts After="InstallInitialize"/>
as from what I read, the product is completely removed first so his logo
will be gone.

Thank you,
MeCoco

On 11/23/2010 2:59 PM, David Watson wrote:
> Why not include both logos in your new msi and install only one
> conditionally.
>
> Dave

requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its
contents, and we further request that you advise us.
> SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.