Hi to everybody,

I'm using Wix 3.5.2325 to create a setup for my application.

This setup configures IIS creating some web applications, some application
pools and other stuff.

When I run the MSI file from the local machine all works fine but when I start
the installation running the MSI from a shared folder (instead of copying it on
my local machine) it fails with the message: "Failed to commit IIS transaction
due to a sharing violation. Some other application may be configuring IIS".

I work on a Windows 7 and IIS 7.5.

Obviously there is no other application configuring IIS when I launch the
installation.

What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance,

Matteo