Yeah, I guess patch uninstall is what I mean. Is the data problem you're
talking about how to populate the MsiTransformView<PatchGUID> table required
for the patch uninstall custom action to run?

-----Original Message-----
From: Blair [mailto:os...@live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:24 PM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] XmlConfig action not running on patch rollback?

Do we need to add another "entry" for XmlConfig that is set
@PatchUninstall="yes"? Except that only works for MSI 4.5 and above, and we
have the problem of archiving/obtaining the data that is being removed (the
only link we have is the patch's GUID in the MSIPATCHREMOVE property). Oh,
Great and Wonderful Data Store, where art thou?

David, you can see what we are up against here. And WiX continues to support
pre-4.5 versions of MSI where this operation simply isn't supported (unless you
built into your non-patched baseline the support needed to remove the actions
your patch created).

-Blair