Hi Rune

I haven't checked your links but what we use is the Tfs build server's
ability to download the new source from repo, look for all
assemblyinfo.cs files and update the version numbers. Then using a wix
include file using the variable holding version 1.0.0.0 we update that
file and so all installers referring to that include file will get
updated appropriately. So far it is working very well for us. We even
have an XML file where we store our sprint number in sothat the build
server will create a version number in the following format: 1.
(sprint).(days since beginning of sprint).(tfs build revision number)

Let me know if this might work for you. I think you can apply this to
any CI app.