From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 7:49 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Uninstallation removes nothing

Hmm, you may have confused the Windows Installer. Mucking around with their
private store isn't usually a good idea. <smile/>

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Thorsten Tarrach
<thors...@atomia.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I played around with Major Updates and somehow I got into a situation now
> where none of the files is removed by uninstallation. It is not an error
> with the package, as the latest version works quite fine on a different
> machine.
>
> It must be something in the registry of that machine. But I want this
fixed
> rather than having to reinstall everything on that machine.
>

> In the log file it looks like this for all components:
>

> MSI (s) (AC:50) [06:55:07:509]: Component:
> cmp3DF3B0032BBE812DD63BFBFDDAD8EADB; Installed: Absent;   Request: Null;
> Action: Null
>

> In the registry

(SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-.\Components

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC