Actually, let me back up a second.

The whole reason I created this question is that the RemoveExistingProducts
action is just not working. The "upgrade" succeeds, but it leaves multiple
entries in the Add/Remove Programs CP.

I went thru literally dozens of attempts with different settings for
Upgrade/RemoveExisting from information I found on various help websites,
with the result most of the time being the dreaded "Another version of this
program is already installed...", and the others that succeeded leaving
multiple entries in the control panel.

I am pretty sure there is something very simple wrong, I just can't seem to
find it. :/

Dave