I have an install that has 2 install paths, the application and the
data. I am using a modified WixUI_InstallDir based UI and have created a
replacement InstallDirDlg.wxs that supports both install paths. For the
data path I want reserve and extra 5Gb to ensure there is enough disk
space once the application is running and have added appropriate
ReserveCost elements to my data path. If I run this on a VM with only
1Gb free on drive C: and change the data path drive D: it works ok and
doesn't error due to insufficient disk space.

If I run the install and leave the data path on C: and let the UI error
due to insufficient disk space then go back and change the data path to
D: the file cost doesn't seem to be recalculated and it still fails due
to insufficient disk space on drive C. If I do the same thing with the
application folder the file cost is recalculated.

Is there some magic I need to do to make my install re-run file cost
after changing the data path? I have looked at the WiX UI source and
can't see it doing anything special but I am sure if does.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Neil Sleightholm
X2 Systems Limited