From: Jamie Thomson [mailto:ja...@jamie-thomson.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:03 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Are there any known problems with XPath expressions in
<XmlFile> custom action?

?Hi all,
I am trying to use <XmlFile> custom action to replace an attribute value in an
XML file. I have used an external tool to validate that my XPath query is
correct but I get an error:

Failed to find node
"/Project/DeploymentModelSpecificContent/Manifest/SSIS:Project/SSIS:Packages/SSIS:Package[@SSIS:Name='..\SSIS\GlobalExecutor.dtsx']"

when I attempt to call my .msi.

Here is my <XmlFile> element:

<util:XmlFile    Id="StageToWarehouseSSISPackageElementChange"

ElementPath="/Project/DeploymentModelSpecificContent/Manifest/SSIS:Project/SSIS:Packages/SSIS:Package[\[]@SSIS:Name='..\SSIS\GlobalExecutor.dtsx'[\]]"
                                        File="[#StageToWarehouseProjectFile]"
                                        Action="setValue"
                                        Name="SSIS:Name"
                                        Value="GlobalExecutor.dtsx"
                                        Sequence="1" />

Like I say, I have validated that the XPath is correct so does anyone know if
there is any known problem here?

For extra info, the following XPath does NOT throw the same error:
/Project/DeploymentModelSpecificContent/Manifest/SSIS:Project/SSIS:Packages/SSIS:Package

so it seems to be having issues with the bit on the end that tries to filter by
attribute value.

Any advice much appreciated.

thanks
Jamie