From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 10:15 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Create virtual folder for web applications

Sounds like you need to verify the value of TARGETVDIR before
InstallInitialize. An error custom action conditions with a string search
might do it. Check out
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368078(VS.85).aspx and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368012(VS.85).aspx.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC