From: Peter Wilson [peterwilson...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 February 2011 11:49 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Login failed using User Element, IIS Application pool
and SQL Server Login

As requested:

<util:Group Id="grpIIS_IUSRS" Name="IIS_IUSRS" Domain="[%USERDOMAIN]" />

<util:User Id ="$(var.myWindowsUser)" CanNotChangePassword="yes"
CreateUser="yes" Disabled="no" Domain="[%USERDOMAIN]" FailIfExists="no"
LogonAsService="no" Name="$(var.myWindowsUser)"
Password="I8JDoe7gzMCEB9rIwxDcl8ZQyxFxVnd0Nhs3wI9sSxf2oOrBPN7wB4JITsY6kio"
PasswordExpired="no" PasswordNeverExpires="yes" RemoveOnUninstall="yes"
UpdateIfExists="yes">
                                                                <util:GroupRef
Id="grpIIS_IUSRS" />
                                                        </util:User>

The following is the user account for the IIS Anonymous authentication and
Identity for the Application Pool. I've not set or done anything with
%USERDOMAIN. It is, what it is.

WiX Toolset v3.6.1321.0
Fails on Target Windows 7 OS in a workgroup, but works perfectly on Target
Windows Server 2008 also in Workgroup. Something weird going on.